Data Migration Resource Kit
Take Back Your Archive Data
Is your archive data stuck in a legacy EMC Centera storage solution? Whether your hardware is approaching end-of-life or you want to retrieve your data from this black box storage to monetize it for “big data” purposes, download our Data Migration Resource Kit to get the tools you need to take back your data.
Data Migration Resources
Many organizations feel that they are locked into a particular vendor, when generally you are not. Others worry that data migration will be a difficult endeavor, but it does not have to be. Our Archive Data Migration Resource Kit provides a wealth of materials designed to help you make informed decision about your EMC Centera data migration.
The Archive Data Migration Resource Kit includes:
- An informative piece, “Question to Ask before Choosing an Archive Data Migration Company”
- Links to articles on the pros and cons of migrating data to the cloud
- Information highlighting the differences between archive data migration companies.
- A visual aid outlining the main steps in a data migration
Please fill out the form for instant access to these valuable materials.
About Interlock Technology’s Archive Data Migrations
Whether you are moving to a new EMC storage unit or NetApps, Hitachi Data Systems or any other vendor, Interlock Technology can move your data quickly and easily. Since we bypass the application and migrate the data directly, we can transfer the data faster than host-based migrations and we support a broader range of file types than other data migration vendor.
One of the best things you can do before a migration is to analyze your data to understand the types and amounts of files you have. We can help you prepare for your migration by helping you understand the question to ask before migrating your data. Here is a small sample of the tips you will receive from our downloadable Data Migration Resource Kit:
- Make a list of all of the different file types you need to transfer and ensure that all of the prospective vendors can work with your files. Checking this vendor capability in advance enables you to avoid delays or project interruptions.
- Many archive storage systems, like EMC’s Centera, are dark storage. Ask each data migration company if they offer a comprehensive pre-migration assessment. This provides you with a report of the file types and quantities that you have in your storage so you can compare that to your final transfer report and ensure no data is left behind.
- Ask to look at sample reports so you can compare each vendor’s reporting capabilities and to ensure you have full visibility into your data during migration. If you are in the financial, healthcare or government industries, ensure your vendor is compliant with industry standards, such as HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC 17a4. Make sure that your migration vendor ensures chain-of-custody along will comprehensive pre-assessment and post-assessment reports to prove that all of your data was transferred successfully. Interlock’s reports are so comprehensive, that they have stood up in court as proof of compliance.
So, take back your data and download our Data Migration Resource Kit. You will also have the option of signing up for a free data consultation, where one of our migration experts will review what you need to know before moving your data and assess any potential issue based upon your responses.